13 Random Facts About Me
I'm back with a blog post a little more personal than usual because- why not? It's good to switch things up a little and I thought it might be fun to share a few facts about yours truly so you can all get to know me better.
So let's get started.
1) Growing up in the 90's I was a MAJOR Backstreet Boys fan. The first CD I ever bought was their album 'Backstreet's Back' and my first ever concert was a Backstreet Boys concert. Still love some of their tunes to this day!
2) I learnt Carnatic Music up to Grade 5 and music in general is a huge part of my life- it's through music that Jude and I met and we attend concerts whenever we can. I switch on our sound system first thing in the morning and my taste is super diverse; a few of my favourite musicians are The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Billie Eilish, Ed Sheeran, Chris Brown, Childish Gambino, Yanni, Eric Clapton, Sabrina Claudio, the list goes on and on! I love that the girls are influenced by so many different artists; sure, we listen to Disney songs too but more often than not my 4 year old will say "Mummy can you play 'Leyla' (Eric Clapton) please?'
3) When I was 19 I was approached by a casting agent for Dove- they asked if I would audition for a shampoo advert. This would've involved a shower scene so I politely took their card and went about my merry way.
4) My family moved a lot when I was younger- I think I went to about 6 different schools and we moved house around 10 times. It wasn’t easy at the time but everything happens for a reason and I'm so grateful I ended up here in London, otherwise I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband.
5) I'm the youngest of 3 kids! My mum had 3 kids under 3, so we are all pretty close in age. So far I'm the only one who's given my mum grandchildren so I'm almost certain that I'm her favourite!
6) This is something that probably doesn't come across on my blog and social media channels but I'm the kind of person who doesn't need alcohol to get 'lit' (ha, I love that word). When I'm with my people, we have the best time together.
7) I'm one of those freaks who is obsessed with crime documentaries- I've always found them really fascinating and almost chose to study Criminal Law at University. I ended up studying one of the loves of my life instead- English Literature.
8) I'm very old fashioned/traditional in some ways. I'm not a technology nerd at all, prefer writing things down physically rather than on my phone and never get a mobile upgrade unless absolutely necessary.
9) Growing up I used to watch cooking/baking shows on tv and was obsessed with arts and crafts- I guess you could say I always wanted to be a little bit like Martha Stewart.
10) My main goal in life is to give my girls an amazing childhood filled with love. I put a LOT of pressure on myself as a mother and have to remember from time to time that I am only human who makes mistakes.
11) I recently started Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in order to deal with and process childhood traumas. It's been one of the most difficult things I've had to do but I'm determined to keep at it. It's important for me recognise and work through past issues and although I don't talk about it much, I know it's nothing to be ashamed of; after all, all I want to do is better myself, especially for my girls.
12) I am extremely house proud and love staying in. I love tidy, cosy surroundings and I guess that's the reason why I love staying home so much- my ideal evening would be snuggled under a blanket, candles lit, watching my favourite TV show!
13) I forgive but I don't forget. Enough said!